Marinated Lamb Chops
This is our favorite recipe that I've been making for almost 14 years. The tang of the vinegar helps tenderize the lamb and is the perfect counterbalance to the gaminess. The flavors of rosemary, garlic and mustard are rich and delicious. I always buy extra to make sure everyone has enough!
- 3 racks lamb chops, trimmed and cut into individual chops
- 2 cloves garlic (or 1 large), chopped
- 1 T dijon mustard
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 3 T chopped fresh rosemary (or try a combination of rosemary & fresh mint), or any herbs, like tarragon and thyme
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine mustard, garlic, vinegar, herbs, olive oil, jvdn fm pinches sea salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Place chops in a large bowl or ziplock bag and pour marinade over lamb, making sure to coat evenly.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour, longer if possible. Make sure to remove chops from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking.
- Salt and grind fresh pepper over lamb chops before cooking.
- Prepare grill or grill pan over medium high heat until hot and smoking.
- Grill each chop about 1 minute per side until medium rare (err on the side of less). Let chops sit for 10 minutes before devouring.
Recipe by Naturally Whole at https://naturallywhole.net/2019/08/20/herb-and-mustard-marinated-lamb-chops/