Breakfast Chocolate Milk
Yield 2 servings
My kids are really obsessed with this "chocolate milk", they want it every morning. It's super healthy and delicious so they are ready for a busy school day. Omit the eggs if you don't have super high quality organic eggs. You can double the hemp seeds for added protein and fat.
For Vanilla milk, double the vanilla and omit the cacao powder.
- 1.5 Cups milk (whole cow's, almond, cashew, Ripple, etc)
- 2 T hemp seeds
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 heaping T raw honey*
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (I like Vital Proteins)
- 1 heaping T raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients in a blender.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
Nutrition Info calculated using whole cow's milk.
*Raw honey not appropriate for kids under 1 year.
May substitute 2-3 pitted medjool dates, but I have not tested the recipe with those.
To make Keto, may sub in stevia, though the taste will be different!
Courses Breakfast, Beverage
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 17 g
Total Carbohydrates 22 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 26 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.