There is something about lemon first thing in the morning. It’s bright, refreshing and wakes my tongue up! I created this smoothie because I hadn’t gotten shopping in a while and I didn’t have much in the house. Frozen wild blueberries and lemons, plus some healthy fats, greens and protein make this great way to start your day. Feel free to play around with the ingredients to make it your own! Like walnuts or cashews in your smoothies? Add ’em in!
Lemon Blueberry Pie Smoothie
Yield 1 serving
- 1/2 C. frozen wild blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder
- Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 T. hemp seeds
- 1 C. water or raw coconut water
- 1 C. fresh or frozen spinach or other leafy green
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend and taste for sweetness. Add more liquid if needed.
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
Some plant protein powders are hideously gross, so make sure you find one that tastes good. (I like Amazing Grass Protein Superfood.) If you can't stand them and aren't vegan, you can add 1 or 2 organic pastured eggs in its place + 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Courses Breakfast, Snack
Congratulations! A great beginning and looking forward to many more words of healthy advice .. and of course recipes 😋 Love you! geecy